Captain Carbon Sequester

Captain Carbon Sequester

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blog Self Interview

Welcome to Captain Sequesters self interview... this is hard, yet hopefully will be insightful for mainly me, and translate to better blog posts for you the reader.  First, just to break the tension of a self interview i would like to post a video of another self interview, probably the greatest of all time.


Now if you can't appriciate what was just done right there... we obviously have different tastes in humor.  Nonetheless, on a more serious note, i will aim to answer a few questions that are directed at the blog. 
"Captain Sequester, what is the purpose of this blog?"
"Please, call me Captain Carbon Sequester.  Well good sir, captain, if you can call yourself that, you would know from reading the introduction post that this blog is focused on the subject of carbon sequestration.  It is the goal of the blog to present past and current information, expand public knowledge, and create a general forum for discussion on the subject"
"Captain will do just fine thank you.  Who is the imagined audience(s) of this blog?"
"Well Captain, the audience is not imaginary at all, (laughs) but seriously I started this blog in order to reach out to a select group of individuals, mainly class LAIS498DD at the Colorado School of Mines, woot woot, and those that show any remote interest in carbon sequestration at all.  There was the selected crowd, but hopefully the bounds are endless"
"Just like the quipy jokes you have I'm sure, Arrrghghhmmmmm, excuse me.... Have your posts matched up with your purpose? Also, who/what might you be overlooking in defining your purpose and audience in this way?"

"I believe the initial posts have represented mostly what I have intended.  There has been a lack of audience involvement leading me to believe I must redirect my future posts a little, but also, I commented about this in my blog already... seriously Captain, have you read my blog?  I'm definately overlooking technical authorities on the subject, but who needs them anyway, haha.  Only kidding, but this blog is informal, and intended for more of a public viewing."
"What can you do to encourage more reader participation?"
"I plan to ask more questions directed at the audience of course, and possible surveys.  The surveys could be a disaster, but who knows, only time will tell."
"How do you think you can expand your audience?"
"Hopefully the questions directed at the audience will improve that.  Also, I intend to reach out to noteworthy critics on the subject and see if they will contribute to the conversation"
"You're just full of it... good ideas that is. How would you characterize the tone of this blog"
"Pretty informal.  The way i'm going to get with you if you keep asking me questions that overlap and repeat"
"Easy Captain, i mean... easy Captain Carbon Sequester, we're all friends here. What do you hope to get out of this blog, and what do you hope others get out of it?"
"I hope to get an increased knowledge of how to effectively communicate in science of course, and learn more about carbon sequestration.  I hope others take away informative knowledge of the subject as well, along with hopefully learning how to better communicate in general as well."
"What are the strengths and weakness of your blog? Clearly a weakness is not that magnificent emblem you have at the top of your page... that's hot"
"Why thank you, I take it out with me on the weekends.  I think one strength will come through in my future blogs, and that is a willingness to reach out to the audience more.  A weakness, definately the technical knowledge to incorporate cool things into my blog.  Hopefully that will change with time"
"How would you describe your tone?"
"Repeat question, next."
"Have you used the deficit model in your writing?"
"Well of course a little, it is hard to avoid when presenting information.  But as I said before, I intend to change that up a little."
"How have you characterized science, engineering, and technology, and yourself in your blog?"
"Ah, saving the douzee for last huh... well... Let's keep it simple.  I would say I haven't done any characterizing of science, engineering, or technology.  None that does those subjects any justice anyway.  As for myself, I think I have characterized myself as someone that's willing to change their initial blogging style... how's that for ya?"

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Can't believe I haven't seen that before. That is some postmodern whackadoodle.

    I'll comment more on your interview later. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is concerning my first blog grade. I have met all the blogging requirements on time and have made equal comments on people's blogs. I have incorporated some multimedia and everything is pretty neat and organized. I would rate my blog a high C.

    ReplyDelete